Thursday, February 27, 2003

02/27/03’s illustrious band:

Skeeter Flies


Brought to you by Skeeter himself.


SOMEONE has found a new job! It's a fantastic opportunity with a great company that, quite rightly, can't wait to get him into their offices. But those offices are in Des Moines! We're going to miss El Skeeto sorely here at Media Headquarters.


Did you ever wonder how I got the nickname Media Sensation? That's our Skeeter's doing. I was having a horrible day, so he came to cheer me up by showing me an ultra-cheesey PR piece for some yutz billing himself as "Media Sensation John Smith." I laughed myself right out of a black mood thanks to this small, friendly gesture. And I liked the moniker so much I kept it for myself.


For that matter, did you ever wonder how Skeeter came to be called Skeeter? It's because he can hear things that are supposed to be audible only to mosquitos. Someone once brought a hypersonic mosquito-repelling device to the office for testing, and while no other human being could hear it, one man could pick up the just-out-of-reach whine from several cubicles away. He has the hearing of a mosquito, which he credits to clean living and an avoidance of rock concerts.


Yep, the Thursday soup group just isn't going to be the same come March 14. But don't worry -- I'll keep you up to date on Skeeter's exploits one way or another. He's not getting away from us that easily.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home