Thursday, February 13, 2003

02/13/03's illustrious band:

Luculent


LOOK-ya-lent: 1. Understandable; easy to understand. 2. Glowing or shining.


Brought to you by Lightbringer and the Flexible Chef. They are newly, ecstatically engaged -- congrats! -- and as luculent as the day is long. Their joy is a beautiful thing to see, and it gives me hope that someday my own love life will claw its way up from the slime and evolve into something similar.


Yeah, the speed dating guy isn't working out. Nice guy, but his approach is to spam me with adoration in hopes that I'll buy the product. Well, I hate spam. I want to be offered a product that the seller, after learning my tastes, thinks might meet my needs. Notice how the focus is on my needs, not his? Smart marketing earns the customer's trust and goodwill. Spam does not. Speed Boy has no idea who it is that he's trying please; he just knows that I was out shopping one day.


But I still believe in magic. I still believe it's possible to turn lead into gold. Here's how I'd do it:


LEAD
LOAD
GOAD
GOLD


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home