Wednesday, February 05, 2003

02/05/03’s illustrious band:

sunshine&chocolate


Brought to you by a real live band, Semisonic. I was listening to one of their CDs in the car this morning, on which there’s a song about regretfully leaving one’s lover but wishing him sunshine, chocolate, and everything fine.


We’re batting .500 here at Media Headquarters this afternoon: There’s a nice stash of Dove dark chocolate in the candy dish, generously supplied by Ms. Wild Rice, but sunshine we have not (unless you count my full-spectrum desk lamp). In fact, it’s been snowing all day. Road conditions are exceptionally bad all over town — by which I mean the freeways are essentially long, narrow parking lots and it will take me a minimum of an hour to drive the 12.6 miles home. Remind me to go potty before I leave!


And the 20 miles from Sensational Acres to the jujutsu dojo? Forget it! I’ve already e-mailed Sensei my regrets. I’ll spend the evening working on a writing project for the jujutsu newsletter instead. I don’t envy the pizza delivery guys tonight at all.


Well, here’s wishing you-all sunshine and chocolate and everything fine, even if the weather’s not. Maybe I’ll have a banana split for supper.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home