Wednesday, January 22, 2003

01/22/03's illustrious band:

Alberta Moose


Brought to you by the calendar kept by the hunting club magazine down the hall. Apparently the notation "Alberta Moose" means it's moose hunting season in Alberta. "MO Turkey" is my other favorite. Wouldn't we all like MO turkey?


Speed date update

The last couple days have been super-busy at here at media headquarters. We Media Sensations are scrambling to produce our next issue of the Award-Winning Magazine, and I've been working the phones, too. Yep, Jason the speed-date yes-man called me back. I had accidentally written down my work number instead of my home one on the "call me here" line, so he rang me over the weekend and ended up with office voice mail. But he called back yesterday and we chatted. Well, he did. He seemed to have a really hard time hanging up the phone, even though he knew I was at work. He said I was sweet -- probably because I didn't interrupt him during his 45-minute explanation of his business. From what I could gather, he's a professional ticket scalper. Anyway, we made a firm date to talk again sometime next week (on my home phone!) and maybe set up a lunch date. That's appropriately low-key, and he seems like a decent guy, so I'm willing to stay in the game for now.


Stay warm, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home