Thursday, February 20, 2003

02/20/03’s illustrious band:

Swimmy Swimmy Chill Chill


Brought to you by the refrigerator in the art department.


I dashed out the back door of Sensational Acres this morning without eating breakfast. I was running a little late, and I knew that my lunch from yesterday was still in the fridge at work because I’d abandoned it to go out with a friend.


So I went to the fridge and noticed, as I reached in for my Invasion of the Monster Women lunchbox, that somebody’s leftovers appeared to be moving. Since these fridges are cleaned regularly, I couldn’t attribute the movement to the usual causes. A closer look was in order. I squatted to get a better view of the right shelf.


Sure enough: fish. There sat a huge plastic bag, three-quarters full of water, housing at least a dozen active minnows.


My first thought was that somebody is a little too obsessive about the freshness of his or her sushi. But of course there is a more logical explanation. Media HQ is home not just to the award-winning health magazine I work for, but also to several other special-interest publications -- including one for people who like to fish. So I suspect that the minnows were needed either for a photo shoot involving live bait or for an actual fishing excursion.


Unless, of course, the bag belongs to one of the cooking magazine staff and I was right about the sushi all along.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home