Thursday, May 29, 2003

05/29/03’s illustrious band:

Perennials


Brought to you by the small amount of landscaping I’ve undertaken at Sensational Acres.


I like perennials, those plants that come back year after year with no prodding from me. Tall tulips, low-lying phlox, periwinkle, hostas, etc. They’re like Christmas and the Fourth of July: regular occurrences I can rely upon. They don’t care whether I’ve addressed my cards or hung out my bunting, they simply demonstrate that time marches on whether I’ve ordered it to or not. And by doing so, they take a little bit of the burden off my shoulders.


Eventually I hope to significantly reduce the size of the lawn I need to mow by planting a wide variety of perennials about the property. As they grow and spread, I’ll have less and less to do each year, until finally I achieve that Zen state of “gardening by not gardening,” just standing back out of the way and letting the beauty happen.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home