Wednesday, May 07, 2003

05/07/03’s illustrious band:

Peerless Pierogi


Brought to you by Byerly's, the south metro's most excellent grocery store.


Today I wrapped up the unexpectedly arduous task of refinancing my mortgage. There were obstacles along the way, but the deed is done. This completion has left me a very happy camper.


When I'm happy, food can't be far away. I went grocery shopping tonight and loaded up on a larder full of goodies, including the meal that's what a sandwich and chips want to be when they grow up: Melanese tort and pierogis from the deli. Melanese tort is a loaf of flaky pastry filled with ham, salami, Italian cheeses, spinach and a couple other ingredients. A slice of that is better than anything Subway will ever produce. On the side, I had pierogis, pingpong ball-sized dumplings filled with a mixture of mashed potato and cheese. Oooh, heavenly. Nobody makes pierogis like the local Scandinavian experts, and these were built with seasoned tastebuds in mind. It was a great way to celebrate a financial victory.


I'm immensely thankful that I managed to pull this refinancing project off. I have one more Pendejo-related hurdle to surmount before my heart can truly rest, but I believe that it can be done. Right now, my stomach is full, my fridge and pantry are full, my cats are happy and I'm watching Season 4 of The X-Files on DVD. As it says on the T-shirts at the sporting goods store, life is good. And it's only going to get better.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home