Friday, January 13, 2006

Taking Stock



The Media Sensation has not fallen off the face of the earth. Yeah, I know you were worried. Mmhm. What I have done, however, is used the new year as a prompt to step back and take stock of my writing life.

Capsule summary: Rut City.

The essay-a-day formula is old. Like, five years old. That's about how long I've been writing Band Name of the Day. I have a nice stack of output to show for it, and that's . . . nice. But it's no longer satisfying for its own sake. I want to write stuff people want to read. What that is, I don't know. Send hints if you've got 'em.

I'll likely continue blogging, but probably be in a different format. I will almost certainly discontinue the mailing list. Beyond that, my plans are wide open. Stay tuned.

image: Michael Cope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home