Friday, December 23, 2005

Holidazzle






The Holidazzle parade is a winter tradition in Minneapolis. Several nights a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas, lit-up floats depicting storybook themes process down Nicollet Mall to wow throngs of kids and their parents.

It worked on Mother Media and me. We went tonight and had a great time. I've lived here a dozen years without ever making it to the parade, so Mom gave me the perfect excuse. The weather was balmy and the crowd cheerful. We could have stayed much longer.

Here you see a choo-choo train, a zoo, Princess and the Pea, Ready Sit Read, and my personal favorite, a gingerbread house. (Leave it to me to fixate on the food float, right?) I also got some nice shots of the backs of waving mittens and heads in stocking caps (not pictured).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home