Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Aftermas

Brought to you by the ghost of Christmas recently past.

Christmas is finally over. The celebration that began Dec. 14 with me heading off to Missouri in a blizzard officially ends today with Mother Media backing her Buick Le Sabre out of my driveway and heading west once more. What a melancholy day this is. I don’t like parting without knowing when I’ll see her again.

It really was Christmas for me this year, not “X-mess,” as I’ve called it in previous years. I attribute my attitude shift to the fact that I didn’t buy people things this year. I stayed out of retail areas online and off. Instead, I made things. I made CDs. I made a family reunion. I made photos from the reunion into a slide show and the slide show into a DVD. I made memories. I was able to celebrate the creating and the giving rather than the buying, and it was great.

I also got to celebrate being this Christmas. I was fortunate enough to be with family for two full weeks, a rarity for me. I got to see almost everyone on one side of the family at the big party, plus spend one-on-one time with KC and Mother Media, plus play with CNE. I also get to be happy and productive in my new job, cherished by my friends, at peace with myself. I am well, and on my best days, I am good, too. I am lucky, and I am grateful.

Two weeks of Christmas seems like a lot, but I got used to it pretty quickly — so used to it, in fact, that I’ve decided to extend the happy buzz one more week. Anybody else?

Today around the world: December 28 is Holy Innocents’ Day in Mexico. Holy innocents, Batman!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aura said...

Yes, I will definitely let you know when I go to MN. I'm hoping it happens because I definitely would love to see The Blenders in concert again! I was just watching their EPK video last night and it just made me nostalgic. hehe ;) And of course, I would definitely love to meet you! :)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home