Thursday, March 24, 2005

So Long Farewell


Brought to you by Media Headquarters and the good time I've spent here.


On my last day of work at Media HQ, I'm surprised I can even fit into my chair. People have been feeding me all week long, and we ain't talking about carrot juice and alfalfa sprouts. Many fried appetizers, malt beverages, and good wishes have warmed my last few days ā€” OK, pretty much all of my days ā€” which is good for my ego but lousy for my waistline.


I could easily get all sentimental about all the friends I'm going to miss, the raucous Soup Group outings and giddy brainstorming meetings where all we can think of to put on the cover of the magazine is "Are you at risk?" This job has seen me through many life changes, including deaths and births in the family ā€” and the birth of Band Name of the Day. I've received more gifts here, both material and otherwise, than I can begin to describe. I'll cherish them forever.


And now I'm leaving the nest. ACK! The new place has a lot to live up to. Then again, so do I.


A wise woman has said to me more than once, "It's fine. It'll all be fine." Since she's usually right, off I go with my heart full and my chin high. It's been a good run, and Iā€™m proud of it. I wonder what's next.


Today around the world: March 24 is my last day at MHQ, which I'm sure is being recognized as a global holiday. To Christians, it's also Holy Thursday, a day on which I always have to restrain myself from exclaiming, "Holy Thursday, Batman!" Because I'm pretty sure he's heard that one before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home