Wednesday, March 23, 2005

If I Had a Ham


Brought to you by Grandpa Max.


"If we had some ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs," Grandpa used to say. (At least, I think it was Grandpa.) Other pithy phrases from Dad's side of the family include "uglier than a wind row of armpits" and "drier than a popcorn fart." I don't know why I thought of that just now, but there you go.


Sorry, that's about all I've got for today. I'm busy tidying up loose ends at Media HQ, and there are plenty of them. Perhaps I'll wax more eloquent (or more elephants) tomorrow on my last day in the MHQ nest.


Today around the world: March 23 is World Meteorological Day on Earth. The entire globe is expected to have weather today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanntz said...

I say no. 1 myself, all the time. Am I your grandpa? :-) I have heard no. 3 many times too. We must be from the same part of the country. But the wind row of armpits? Classic, but never heard it before. I bet there are a lot of people out there who have no idea what a wind row is! Gotta be a country girl/boy to know that term. Thanks for the grin.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home