Friday, March 18, 2005

Gummi Lint


Brought to you by the art department.


As I walked back to the Media HQ art department this morning, I passed a huge bowl of Gummi Bears around which several people had gathered. The bears looked lovely under the lights, all gelid and colorful and glistening. Someone remarked that they were almost too pretty to eat.


"Yeah," replied another of the bystanders, "But just wait a couple hours until all the lint in the air has settled on them."


All together now: Eeeeuuuuuwww!


This reminds me of one of Dad's favorite Steve Martin jokes. "I just gave my cat a bath," Steve would say. "The fur stuck to my tongue, but other than that, it went okay."


Sure, Steve. That's great. Carry on.


Today around the world: March 18 is both Men's Day and Soldiers' Day in Mongolia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raehan said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my site the other day. Like the Steve Marin joke.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by my site via Michele. Steve Martin is just one funny guy and thanks for making me smile...

Interesting site. Will definitely be back...

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home