Thursday, January 27, 2005

01/27/05’s illustrious band:

The Current


Brought to you by Minnesota Public Radio.


Minnesota Public Radio has done the unthinkable: It has created a hip public radio station. The new station, 89.3 FM, is called the Current. According to the web site, its playlists will focus on "the best, authentic new music alongside music that explores roots and influences. The Current has a special emphasis on local musicians and groups, and will play local music in every hour. The Current will establish deep ties to the local music community and will serve as a positive force in building the creative economy of Minnesota. There will be no commercials on 89.3."


Did you hear that? A contemporary-music station with no commercials. No commercials! It's already my new favorite, and it's only been in operation for a few days. I've already heard my favorite morning show there (moved from its old home at 99.5) and a past favorite DJ who disappeared from my radar when her old station was bought out and reformatted. The Current will definitely be getting some monetary support from me.


Speaking of things that are current, check out the lead item in today's online version of the St. Paul Pioneer Press Bulletin Board. Actually, you've already seen it; it's my "Goodnight, Johnny" piece from Monday. Yes, I write for a magazine and see my words in print all the time, but they're my serious journalistic words, not my more heartfelt or playful ones. So this is a nice step outside the box. And my 15 minutes of fame are already up.


Warning! Kinda gross!

I'm glad the current is still flowing someplace, because it wasn't at Sensational Acres last night. Al the sewer guy came over to try and remedy my slow-drainage problem but could not. He said I need Steam Jet Guy to come back on Friday and unfreeze what's frozen. Meanwhile, whatever Al did knocked loose enough chunks to take me from slow drainage to none, which meant that I couldn't flush last night. Ack! Al returned to remedy that problem today, but I still have to wait until Friday for the complete cure. Ah, the joys of solo homeownership . . . not.


Today around the world: January 27 is National Activity Professionals Day in the U.S.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Poppy said...

Hi! Thanks SO much for visiting my blog. I think that this is the first time I've been here. It's always fun finding new reads. Oh, and thanks for the VERY good advice! Cheers...

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home