Thursday, January 13, 2005

01/13/05’s illustrious band:

Gap Year


Brought to you by wanderlust.


The "gap year" is a growing phenomenon among high school graduates who choose to take a year off before entering college. Most spend it traveling, working, or volunteering, and generally decompressing from the hectic schedules and pressures of completing their senior year and applying to colleges. Students, parents, and college officials report that students who take a gap year arrive at school more refreshed and focused than those who matriculate straight out of high school.


Cool, right? A gap year wasn't even considered as an option when I graduated, so my big question is, can I have one now? Well, I guess it would be called a sabbatical now that I'm old. I'd still like to explore the world a bit, though. I'd be willing to work my passage, and I have plenty of work experience to bring to the table. Just for a year, or half a year. And then I'd meekly return to my cubicle. Or maybe I wouldn't.


Question: If you could take a gap year, where would you go and what would you do?


Today around the world: January 13 is Defenders of Freedom Day in Lithuania. Thank you, veterans everywhere.


E-mail the Media Sensation: BandNameoftheDay@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aura said...

My "gap year" would probably be spent travelling all over Europe and hitting up all the places where they perform live music, and visiting every historical places I could get to.

But alas, that won't be happening anytime soon. *sigh* I ought to just follow Rockapella around the country. Whaddya think? LOL :)

http://gotacappella.blogspot.com (I have new pics)

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home