Wednesday, January 26, 2005

01/26/05’s illustrious band:

Big Red Car


Brought to you by various writers, including me.


First of all, thanks to everyone who replied so kindly to Monday's piece about Dad and Johnny Carson. At the suggestion of Grassmaster Amy, I sent it to the reader-submission section of the local paper (the Bulletin Board feature in the St. Paul Pioneer Press). I got an e-mail back from the section editor almost immediately that included the word "wonderful," along with a few edits, so chances are it'll be printed soon. No guarantees, of course; I'll let you know. However, that editor has been kind to me before. I like him. I'm assuming that someday soon he will see the light and magically make me a highly paid syndicated columnist, and I'll do nothing but sit around on my dimpled derriere and blog all day. Yep. Happens all the time.


In the meantime, as a reward for your hard reading work, click here. This advice column is brilliant. I'm not pointing it out because people have been pressuring me to date. On the contrary, my friends and family have been unfailingly supportive of my dating situation, whether it was good, bad, or nonexistent. I want you to read this because it's excellent writing, and excellent advice, and excellent fun.


Today around the world: January 26 is Foundation Day in Brazil, when all citizens apply a base coat of makeup to their faces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home