Friday, June 03, 2005

Sweetest


Brought to you by Barnes & Noble.


sweet: DVDs on sale at Barnes & Noble: buy 2, get 1 free. I picked up two $20 ones and one $15 (all Christopher Guest titles: Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, This is Spinal Tap). Total with tax: @ $42.00.


sweeter: My B&N membership card entitled me to 10% off. Total after discount: @ $37.80.


sweetest: When I pulled out the membership card, not one but two forgotten B&N gift cards fell out of my wallet. One had about $15 dollars left on it and one had about $20. Total after gifts: @ $2.50, or about 83 cents per.


obvious conclusion: I am God's favorite.


Trivia question du jour:


When's the last time you saw a $50 bill?


I can't answer that, but I’m pretty sure it wasn't in this century. I may have received one as a Christmas or birthday gift a while back, which is just about the only possibility I can think of. It's been even longer than that since I worked retail, but I might have seen a couple from behind the counter.


Today around the world: June 3 is Foundation Day in Australia. Hey, vegemiterules, does that mean everyone wears a heavy coat of beige makeup all day? ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Christopher Guest is a genius, and those movies are my absolute favorites. That's it; I'm coming over.

What a deal. Good on you!

(It's just as well you didn't invite me, you know. I always sing along during "Midnight At The Oasis.")

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home