Monday, May 23, 2005

Bugs!


Brought to you, since it's the beginning of insect season, by things that bug me.


bugs me: auto-flush toilets that don't auto-flush as I exit because I'm still blocking the sensor
bugs me more: auto-flush toilets that go off while I'm still seated if I lean too far forward


bugs me: chipping a nail
bugs me more: forgetting to trim it until it snags my last good pair of nylons


bugs me: hearing trash talk about a friend
bugs me more: agreeing with some of it


bugs me: shopping for shoes
bugs me more: finally finding not one but two pairs at the end of the day and having to decide between them


bugs me: spending a sunny Sunday afternoon at the Darth Mall
bugs me more: forgetting to go to a movie there once my shopping is done


bugs me: dusting
bugs me more: dust


bugs me: smelly people on the train
bugs me more: smelly people on the bus


bugs me: cat waking me at 4:30 a.m.
bugs me more: alarm doing it again two hours later


bugs me: paying high prices for gas
bugs me more: running out of gas


bugs me: mayonnaise
bugs me more: mistaking mayonnaise for cream cheese or sour cream and taking a big ol' bite


bugs me: Rodney Dangerfield
bugs me more: Gilbert Gottfried


bugs me: people who call when I don't want the phone to ring
bugs me more: they don't leave a message


bugs me: people who drop hints
bugs me more: people who can't take a hint


bugs me: tasteless media stories
bugs me more: other media covering tasteless media


bugs me: bad pizza
bugs me more: no pizza


Today around the world: May 23 is Victoria Day in Canada and Vesak Day for Buddhists.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alda said...

Great post. Thanks! :)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home