Thursday, May 19, 2005

Rich Enough


Brought to you by my Dad and Lao Tzu.


He who has enough is rich.

Or

Who is contented has wealth.


So go two ways of translating a line from verse 33 of the Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu's primer on Taoist philosophy.


Dad summed things up thus: If you have TP in the bathroom and ice cream in the freezer, you're okay. Necessities and at least one luxury covered? Good to go.


I'm rich. I'm beyond rich. I have TP and ice cream and good health and friends to share them with.


Your assignment: Report back to me with three signs of your wealth.


Today around the world: May 19 is Malcolm X Day in the U.S., Youth & Sports Day in Turkey, and Holiday of Poetry Day in Turkmenistan. Does that last one mean a holiday full of poetry or a holiday from poetry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home