Thursday, August 28, 2003

08/28/03’s illustrious band:

Smart Farm


Brought to you by a headline glimpsed in passing.


What is a smart farm? A place where you raise IQs (ba-dum-bum).


I’d love to have one. The first thing I’d raise would be a bevy of blue chips, which when mature could be implanted into human brains to make them adept at stock market trading. Next to them would be the gaggle of gizmos, upgrades for the mechanically impaired. And I’d have a huge word herd of great story ideas and writing techniques.


Unfortunately, the herd is thin today (too much reading about bunions), so I’m off to the T’ai Chi studio. There I hope to feast my eyes on the fruit of some earlier labors: String of Pearls, a book of articles and essays collected for the studio’s 10th anniversary, now out in hardbound form. I edited and contributed to that volume, and I know it’s going to look as great finished as it did in progress. Can’t wait to see it. You-all may be permitted to look through my copy, but only if your hands are clean.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home