Thursday, August 14, 2003

08/14/03’s illustrious band:

Tractor Tango


Brought to you by Skeeter, commenting on intriguing events at the Iowa State Fair -- including tractor square dancing! Skeeter writes:


"Tractor square dancing is where they have a caller doing the square dance calls and have people driving tractors instead of dancing so that the tractors appear to be dancing with one another. And no, I'm not making this up.


“I'm sure I'll also get to see the life-size cow made from butter. There's an old woman -- in her 70s -- that makes a life-size sculpture of a cow each year out of butter. Each year she sculpts a different breed. This year is some French breed I've never heard of. She also does another sculpture, too. I've heard this year it's a life-sized Harley Davidson.


“A couple of years ago she sculpted a life-size butter sculpture of the Last Supper. Everyone tells me that was pretty spectacular because it wasn't a sculpture of the painting or anything -- it had life-sized people (however many people were there; I don't recall how many were supposed to have attended. I guess I need to go back to Bible school?). From what I understand, the most amusing part of the Last Supper thing was that she sculpted a tray of butter on the table. Ha!"


And you thought your state fair was wacky? What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever seen at a fair? (Crop art doesn’t count.)


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home