Wednesday, August 20, 2003

08/20/03’s illustrious band:

Southwestern Flare


Brought to you by El Queso Grande, quoting from that most abundant source of ridiculable material, marketing hype.


“This is one of the descriptive phrases used by the Sheraton in San Antonio to describe the room I'll be enjoying,” El Queso says. “I have a very clear mental image of flaming plastic wallpaper.”


Yeah, me too. Sometimes spellcheck just isn’t enough; I wish there was a button to press for sensecheck, too. But you know, Flaming Plastic Wallpaper would make a dandy name for an opening act.


And speaking of opening acts, how’s this: Sister-san and Brother-in-Law-san have purchased a house in Phoenix! Congratulations!


They’d been in town just about a week when they found what they wanted. It’s a house-to-be, actually; still under construction in a brand-new development equidistant from both their new jobs. Having gotten in on the ground floor, so to speak, they’ll be able to choose certain finishing details to be added upon completion, such as countertops, floor coverings and landscaping options. I’ve seen a photo of the work in progress and an artist’s rendering of the finished product, and I’m eager to walk through the final product. So Mother Media has warned me to pack my bags. Looks like we’ll be celebrating Christmas in Phoenix this year.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home