Thursday, August 08, 2002

Today's illustrious band:

Water Juggler



Brought to you by my literary hero James Lileks, www.lileks.com. He describes the childhood task of trying to climb the rope in gym class as impossible, like trying to juggle water.

Speaking of childhood memories and liquids, remember bug juice? I don't mean the kind that decorated the windshield on all those long, hot car trips to Mt. Rushmore. I'm talking about the feebly flavored but brightly colored Kool-Aid-like sugary drinks that seemed to be popular only in the summer. The kind of stuff we slurped at camp to dye our lips and tongues colors that never occurred in nature.

I had a bug juice flashback (not a bad band name itself; care to vote on it?) at lunch today when I succumbed to marketing hype and purchased a bottle of Pepsi Blue. It's like Pepsi, only it's blue — X-treme blue!!! In trying to figure out what the beverage tastes like, the Chicken Step Lady finally pinpointed it as blue "raspberry" bug juice with fizz. That describes it perfectly. It's a little too sweet and a little too fizzy and a little too blue. So I predict that it will enjoy great favor among young people, especially preteen boys, for whom bodacious blue belches are the finest summertime entertainment.

All this summer camp talk is making me crave a water balloon fight. Do I get extra points if I can juggle the water balloons before launching them?

NOTE: The Media Sensation is taking tomorrow and Monday off for the annual T'ai Chi retreat. Band naming will resume next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home