Monday, July 29, 2002

Today's illustrious band:

Hey Gang Snack Beans



Brought to you by Recipes from the Belle Fourche Community. The recipe itself, in this case, seems all right — kinda tasty, even. It's the name that I like.

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 can tomato soup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 large can (or 2 small cans) pork and beans
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder
other 1/2 tomato soup
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cheese
1 package hamburger buns

Brown ground beef. Drain grease off. Add 1/2 can of tomato soup, brown sugar, molasses, pork and beans, dry mustard, and chili powder. Simmer for 1/2 hour or until hot.

Mix other 1/2 of can of tomato soup, chopped onion, and cheese. Mix everything together. Take hamburger buns, split open, and put a teaspoon of mixture on bun. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts. Spoon bean mixture over buns.

I guess I've just never thought of beans as a snack before, but you learn something new everyday. I'm not sure why you spoon the bean mixture onto the bun twice. However, I do like the idea of baking my sandwich until the cheese melts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home