Thursday, October 20, 2005

Do-nots

Brought to you by my inner nutritionist.


It finally happened. At lunchtime today, I looked at the donuts, pizza bites, and Coke, then opted for a turkey sandwich, apple, and bottle of water instead. Junktoberfest may finally be drawing to a close.


I love junk food. Always have, always will. It loves me, too, and will hang around my buns and belly to remind of all the good times we’ve had together. Since good times do not necessarily equal good health, I try to keep the junk to a reasonable level and eat decent food most of the time.


This month, however, I’ve given myself license to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. Before I got fired, the soothing carbs were comfort food; afterward, it was a sweet-taste-of-victory sugar party. And it’s been great. But the past couple days have found me thinking about crunchy salads and hearty legumes instead of mac and cheese. Baked potatoes instead of fries. Whole-wheat toast instead of donuts. Fruit instead of candy. It’s . . . well, it’s weird.


In keeping with the anything-goes attitude I’m taking toward my vacation, I’ll indulge these cravings as I did the others and see what happens. I predict a couple days of virtuous good nutrition, followed by a return to the more balanced plan I usually follow. I can’t forsake my boyfriends, Ben & Jerry — but I don’t think they’ll get too jealous if I much a few carrots, too.


Today around the world: October 20 marks the end of Buddhist Lent.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAY end of Lent and to better eating habits! Have fun this weekend!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger FattyPants said...

Who could live without ben and jerry's? Thanks for stopping by

11:09 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

Here from Micheles. Did someone say Mac-n-cheese?????

9:00 AM  
Blogger Parker said...

So what about the job offer?!?!?!?

Too much suspense!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home