Friday, October 14, 2005

Sore Feet

Guess who got an informal job offer this afternoon. Go on, guess. That's right, ME! Yeah, baby! The formal offer will come Monday, the man said, but it WILL come.

My feet are getting sore from kicking so much ass.

Let's recap, shall we?

Wednesday: fired from job
Thursday: received offers for two possible freelance gigs
Friday: received informal offer from competitor of old job

See? Kicking so much ass.

And I'm kicking it from the deck today. To celebrate my potential re-employment, I bought myself an AirPort Express base station, which allows me to have wireless Internet access from anywhere in my house or yard. Why? Because i can. Because this ass kicking thing is getting to be a habit.

So now, the big question: Do I accept the offer? I had just begun to truly embrace the idea of freelancing for a while.

Points in favor of taking it:

  • salary pretty much same as before
  • benefits pretty much same as before
  • commute = 5 minutes (which means no paying for transit pass)
  • sunny work environment
  • good vibe from prospective boss
  • boss seems sincerely committed to creating an efficient and vibrant team
  • at least some coworkers appear to be hip young singles like myself
  • boss amenable to possibility of starting a T'ai Chi group
  • if it sucks, I can always quit

Points against:

  • it's another cubicle job
  • stuck with someone else's schedule
  • I'd have to use an alarm clock
  • less time for my own writing — or is that true? If I were freelancing, I might be scrambling so much to pay the bills that I didn't have much time for my own writing then, either.

Well, I don't have to decide until Monday, do I. If I take the job, I don't start until sometime in November, so I'll still have time to laze around for a couple weeks.

Time to drink some more champagne.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Hey, congratulations!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home