Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Random Acts


Brought to you by random synaptic firings.


Act I: What's with the flaps? I recently bought a nice pullover blouse from a nice store, and it has a flap. Women know what Iā€™m talking about ā€” a strip of material running around the inside of the neckline. What purpose does this serve? Flaps look a lot like the wings on certain personal products, yet they function in just the opposite manner: wings help things stay put, while flaps, as far as I can tell, exist only to get rucked up and stick out through the neck hole every time I move my head, making it look as if I can't dress myself.


I've noticed that my nicer pullover shirts are the ones that have the evil flaps, while more casual shirts don't, so they're not entirely random. Could somebody please clue me in? 'Cuz I'm about to take a pair of scissors to a very nice garment.


Act II: I hope more people have been acting on yesterday's Good Deed Dare than have told me about it so far, or that you're just being modest. Keep up the good work.


Act III: My favorite gum is Doublemint, even though it doesn't blow very good bubbles. I've been chewing it since high school (not the same piece). The flavor really does last. Also, it does not contain NutraSweet, with which I do not get along very well.


Act IV (for blogtechgeeks only): BND is syndicated (Atom feed). You can subscribe via Bloglines and other news aggregators. Site feed URL: http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com/atom.xml.


Act V: What do guys want for Father's Day? Seriously, I could use some tips here.


Today around the world: June 15 is Valdemars Day in Denmark in honor of the several kings who have borne that name. Harry Potter fans note: that's Valdemar, not ā€” uh, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home