Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Tag, You're It


Brought to you by Michele and her many intrepid blogfriends.


Imagine my surprise this morning when I woke to discover that BND had been named Site of the Day by super-blogger Michele. She invited her own regular readers to stop by BND and say hello. And they did! Today the BND hit counter officially topped 10,000. Woo hoo! Par-tay!! Of course, half of those hits are from yours truly checking the site myself to make sure it looks right. Does that count as my Geek Moment of the Day?


Anyway, many of these generous visitors have added to the list of extraordinary acts by ordinary people. They're visible in the comments, but I'll put them up front here, too. Without further ado:


  • Many of my virtual friends inspire me daily with their humour, compassion, honesty, and willingness to share a part of their day-to-day life. Yes, this is an extraordinary act.
    Tag — you're it. (Michele)
  • I was able to stay with an Amish family for a short time when I was a domestic exchange student years and years ago. (Lynda)
  • I have crawled on my belly through "wild" caves. Nothing like exploring a cave with a flashlight and other supplies. And boy the cleanup afterwards. I swear I had mud and bat guano in my nose and ears and fingernails for weeks! (Sleeping Mommy)
  • My grandfather survived three years in a German prisoner-of-war camp in WWII. (Zinnia Cyclamen)
  • I've never done anything extraordinary. Well, unless beating the holy snot out of some guy I thought was about to attack me counts. And beating the holy snot out of someone who tried to snatch my kid when he was 2 months old. I need to stop beating the holy snot out of people... It's probably quite rude. [and] Jerry Van Dyke once bought my mom lunch. If that counts... ;) (Thumper)
  • Garth Brooks brought my husband a sandwich! (Christine)
  • Bobby Knight once asked me to dance, and we did. (Mamacita)
  • Sorry to hear about your spatula! I hate it when that happens. I once got something resembling caulking in my mashed potatoes at a restaurant... maybe it was spatula debris after all. Oh well, good for a free meal. (Marie)
  • Ever walked in front of a charging rhino ?
    neither have i. :-P (SEV)
  • I participated in "Hands Across America" back in 1986. (natalie)
  • I saw Monica Lewinsky walking down the street in Greenwich Village, talking on a cell phone.(zee)
  • I've done so many extraordinary things in light of my own limitations, that might not seem so fantastic to anyone else! (alda)
  • Played Fiddle On The Roof on a violin on at least 20 different roofs over the last 10 years! (Last Girl on Earth)
  • I had eleven children and didn't lose my marbles. (Bonnie)
  • I once attended a party in Kansas City at which Alice Cooper, Elton John and Minnie Ripperton were all in attendance, as well as the members of the Steve Miller Band. (Nancy)
  • firstly eyeing the Guinness book of records -- locking lips for 31 hrs... have plans to make it 40-50. secondly convincing someone to share the record with me. (Blaze)
  • I once took a GRE prep course with my mother and survived. (La Nina)

Nothing ordinary about this crowd! Blogging from the U.S., the U.K., Europe, Canada, Iceland, and elsewhere, they're exactly the sort of people you'd like to meet at a dinner party. Well, now's your chance! Go see them this week, and tell them Jugglernaut sent you -- because she stole the idea from Michele.


Today around the world: February 23 is the Butter Oil Lantern Festival in Tibet. Mmm, butter oil! The better to see your Spatula Biscuits with, no doubt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

What a delightful post. Thank you for making my friends feel so welcome; which they did.

You forgot to mention that you are are an "extra" ordinary person, who happens to have an extraordinary blog.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home