Friday, February 18, 2005

What's New


Brought to you by my current obsession with lists.



  • New template for BND: Looks great, doesn't it? Yeah, thanks.


  • New #1 on my fecal roster: Hotmail, for pantsing up the last several BND mailings. If you're signed up but not getting your daily dose, e-mail me, OK? I'm working on it.


  • New favorite quote: "I'm on the tightrope, trying to knit myself a net." — Andrew Chaikin. You tell 'em, Andy. I knew there was a reason I should learn to knit.


  • New favorite beverage: Gatorade's Propel Water. (1) Water with a little flavor but not many calories; (2) cobalt blue bottle with a good twist-spout.


  • New haircut: Best thing I've done for myself in a long time, even if I can't make a ponytail any more.


  • New jeans: Comfy & stylish, though rather low-rise in the back (Levi's 550). Fortunately, I remembered to wear low-rise undies, too (Elmo; thanks, Sister-san).


  • New personal policy: Shoes that make my back so twingy I'm afraid to even do T'ai Chi go in the dumpster.


  • New Kids on the Block: No.


  • New Coke: Again, no.


  • New word(s): DIEPLZKTHNXBYE. In online writing and text messaging, nothing is sacred, including caps/lower case rules, spelling rules, and word spacing rules. So that character string actually says DIE (die) PLZ (please) K (okay) THNX (thanks) BYE (good-bye). What a chirpy little way of saying "buzz off," huh?


  • New messages:


    Dear Crustypunk -- yeah, you, with the soap aversion -- BATHEPLZKTHNXBYE.


    Dear Fellow Motorists: SGNLPLZKTHNXBYE.


    Dear Flirtatious Spanish-Speaking Guys Outside the Mexican Bakery: UNOMASPRFVRKGRCSADIOS.


  • Not-so-new request: Add to my "extraordinary acts by ordinary people" list. I've gotten several contributions already, which I plan to share sometime next week. Keep 'em coming!



Today around the world: February 18 is Independence Day in Gambia.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

Hello, Michele sent me! I was off to Cara's but you just beat me to it. :) So I will HELLO you and HELLO Cara...a twofer!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home