Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Duckie Luck


Brought to you by a few random thoughts.



  • Appreciating: Sister-san's V-Day gifts, which included chocolate chip scones and a purple rubber duckie spangled with pink hearts.
  • Begging: for some of G-Doc's ultra-naughty brownies containing chocolate chunks, toffee bits, and chocolate-caramel candies
  • Celebrating: Grassmaster's & Sister Amy Sunshine's birthdays. Happy birthdays!
  • Dithering: over what to wear to Dorkfest -- excuse me, MarsCon -- in a couple weeks. Don't know why I care; no one else will.
  • Eating: Reese's Peanut Butter & Crack Hearts. Curse those Reese's people! Curse them!
  • Feeling: caffeinated!
  • Gulping: tea, Earl Grey, hot
  • Hungering: for sesame chicken
  • Inhaling: fragrance of Night-Blooming Jasmine hand lotion
  • Juggling: story to write, story to edit, files to retrieve
  • Keeping: my shoes on
  • Listening: to the House Jacks album Drive. Needed an a cappella fix. They sound much better through my headphones than through the DVD player or the computer CD player at home. Must replace car stereo!
  • Missing: having a favorite TV show
  • Needing: to trim my nails
  • Ogling: certain items on my Amazon.com wish list
  • Pondering: last night's wisdom soundbite from Sifu Paul: "The outside makes the inside." As in, your outer expression affects your inner feeling. Smile for a happy day. Scowl for a pantsy day.
  • Querying: Soup Group about where to have lunch on Thursday
  • Refraining: from giving advice I was not asked for and which I am unqualified, yet all too eager, to give
  • Smelling: burnt popcorn. Come on, people, keep an eye on those microwaves!
  • Thinking: about George, Ph.D., former grad school officemate. I owe him a note. Or a call. He's so sweet. And so much smarter than me. And so far away.
  • Understating: my eagerness for the arrival of spring
  • Viewing: photos of CNE (Cutest Niece Ever), courtesy of Sister-san. Can't wait to see my little J-Bird again in May.
  • Wearing: new khakis. Woo pants that fit.
  • X-raying: a mysterious box in my office
  • Yearning: for frizzless hair
  • Zeroing: in on a date to meet with my tax preparer

Today around the world: February 15 is National Flag of Canada Day, in honor of Sister Amy Sunshine, the grooviest near-Canadian I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home