Wednesday, June 30, 2004

06/30/04’s illustrious band:

Tick Tock


Brought to you by sands through the hourglass.


The clock is ticking. The year is half over already. Let’s say 182 days have passed. Where did they go?



  • I attempt to spend about 1/3 of my time sleeping, so let’s call that 60 days in the sack. That leaves 122 days.


  • I’ve worked 37.5 hours, or about 1.5 full days, for 26 weeks: the equivalent of 39 days at the office. But I’ve had a few days off; say I worked 35. That leaves 87 days.


  • I spend about 12 hours, or .5 days, each week doing T’ai Chi and other martial arts. Over 26 weeks, that’s 13 days of kicking butt. That leaves 74 days.


  • Between going to work and going to class, I average around 8 hours, or 1/3 of a day, driving each week. Over 26 weeks, that’s about 8.5 days behind the wheel. No wonder my butt aches! That leaves 65.5 days.


  • I spend a minimum of 15 minutes per day in the shower. That’s about 1/100 of a day times 182 days for a total of 1.82 days of hygiene. That leaves 63.68 days.


  • Once clean, a girl’s gotta eat. Let’s say I spend an average of 30 minutes a day preparing and consuming food: 2/100 of a day for 182 days is 3.64 days, leaving 60.04.


  • Let’s say I devote 5 hours a week, about 3/100 of a day, to household chores like mowing, shopping, cleaning, and doing laundry. Over 26 weeks, that’s roughly .75 days spent tidying up. That leaves 59.29 days.



I could go on and on -- and you know I’m tempted to -- but that’s more than enough math for one day already. The point is, I can account for 122.71 days so far this year, but I can’t tell you exactly what I did with the remaining 59.29. That’s nearly two whole months! I know I spend a lot of time reading and playing computer games, but . . . two whole months? Surely not. What the heck else have I been doing? Has anyone seen me? Can you fill me in? Hurry it up, please. The clock is ticking.


Today around the world: June 30 is Bank Holiday, or Balance Day, in El Salvador.


E-mail the Media Sensation: BandNameoftheDay@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home