Thursday, June 17, 2004

06/17/04’s illustrious band:

Livin’ Large


Brought to you by my continuing tribute to favorite a cappella groups.


Today’s featured artists are the Bobs, a quartet of singers whose middle names all happen to be Bob. Their album My, I’m Large was one of the first a cappella tapes I bought and has remained high on my list of favorites for 15 years or so. The title song on that album is about the weird feeling of your body expanding just before you fall asleep. You’ve got to hear it to believe it.


Anyway, the Bobs aren’t the only ones livin’ large. Click the link below to read an article about and links to items recognized as the largest of their kind. Special shout-out to Sister-san, who with friends once took a Tour de Monument to document oversized roadside attractions in Minnesota.


Pop Candy: Livin’ Large


Today around the world: June 17 is World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought. I can assure you that the metro area where I live has been doing its part all spring long by attracting rain, rain, and more rain.


E-mail the Media Sensation: BandNameoftheDay@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home