Monday, June 07, 2004

06/07/04’s illustrious band:

Spoil Sport


Brought to you by Mother Media.


I’ve been quite busy lately, but I’m definitely making time today to send a big shout-out to Mother Media, whose two-week visit to Sensational Acres ended last week. My nickname as a wee sprog was Sport, and spoil me she did. This includes gifts both large and small, including, but not limited to:



  • Painting two rooms and a hallway, and their ceilings (I got to choose colors and help with the living room.)
  • Getting a plumber in to solve a drain problem
  • Getting a handyman in to solve the “How the heck to you hang these shelves?” problem (turned out to be a hardware problem rather than user error -- it wasn’t our fault!)
  • Making breakfast on weekday mornings, packing me lunches, and often cooking supper
  • Making sure I got my daily ration of ice cream
  • Helping me with a story for the Award-Winning Magazine by attending a dance class, her first and only to date
  • Putting up with psychotic cats who saw nothing wrong with bringing gifts of dead rodents to the doorstep
  • Keeping me company indoors during one of the rainiest two-week stretches on record

As if that’s not enough, she brought me birthday presents, too.


And before you ask: no, she can’t come to your house next. After visiting her sisters and making a brief stop at her own homestead, Mother Media will return to the Acres next month to housesit while I’m away. She says she has more projects to do, even though I keep urging her – begging her, really -- to take it easy.


So thanks, Mom! You’re the best!


Today around the world: June 7 is the Queen’s Birthday in New Zealand. Very fitting for any story involving Mother Media, wouldn’t you say?


E-mail the Media Sensation: BandNameoftheDay@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home