Tuesday, March 25, 2003

03/25/03’s illustrious band:

Jack is My Yenta


Brought to you by Jack La Lanne, the Godfather of Fitness.


Yesterday I had the privilege and pleasure of conducting a phone interview with health icon Jack La Lanne. Talk about your motivational speakers! As he evangelized about how fitness is king and nutrition is queen, I felt like shouting "Amen!" or "Yes, Drill Sergeant!" right on cue. He also informed me that your health account is like your bank account: you get out of it what you put into it. The keys to success are pride and discipline. Besides, being fit and healthy will make you sexy, Jack says. Can't go wrong there. I got plenty of great sound bites for my article.


The best part is, once the business portion of the interview wound down, he wanted to know all about me. He says I'm a lovely lady who deserves a man -- a rich, sexy man, don't bother with the poor, fat slobs -- who's worthy of me. And later, while I was talking to his wife about photos, he picked up the other line and interrupted to bellow the name of a young man he wants to introduce me to. The guy lives in Malibu, so it may not work out. But Jack is on the job for me. Jack is my yenta! This is even better than free samples of gluten-free snack foods.


E-mail the Media Sensation: jugglernaut@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home