Monday, December 20, 2004

12/20/04’s illustrious band:

Holding Pattern


Brought to you by some people who are really going to get a piece of my mind (not that I can spare what little hasn't been rotted by this horrendous holiday Muzak) if they ever come on the line.


I've been on hold all afternoon. No, it doesn't just feel like that -- I have been on hold for 120 minutes and counting. And you'd better believe I'm counting. Actually, my phone is counting. But I'm watching the numbers advance heavenward. I've already seen the 99-minute display roll over once. I'm giving them another 25 minutes, then I have to beat it for home.


It's going to take me an equally long time to creep from the office to the Acres tonight due to icy weather and slow going. (I'm skipping T'ai Chi altogether today.) But when I get home, I'll have the pleasure of lighting the tree I put up yesterday and greeting Mother Media when she arrives. She's been on the road for over 12 hours already and really deserves a chance to crash -- on the couch, I mean, not on the side of the road. The Christmas holidays officially begin as soon as she steps through my door, so I'm psyched.


My ear hurts.


Today around the world: December 20 is the Day of Mourning in Panama -- and here, too, if you've been on hold for 122 minutes. On a brighter note, however, it's also Louisiana Purchase Day.


E-mail the Media Sensation: BandNameoftheDay@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home