Thursday, February 26, 2004

02/26/04’s illustrious band:

North and South


Brought to you by my love of online quizzes. I’m too lazy to construct one of my own, so try the one below instead.


If you’ve ever wondered whether your accent falls north or south of the Mason-Dixon line, take the Yankee or Dixie quiz and find out. I scored 40%, meaning I’m 40% Dixie, 60% Yankee. Not bad for someone raised in South Dakota; I credit Mother Media’s semi-southern roots for giving me reasonable verbal balance.


Today around the world: February 26 is Liberation Day in Kuwait. That refers to the liberation of Kuwait from an Iraqi invasion. Following several weeks of aerial bombardment, a U.S.-led, UN coalition began a ground assault on 23 February 1991 that liberated Kuwait in four days. Kuwait spent more than $5 billion to repair oil infrastructure damaged during 1990-91.


E-mail the Media Sensation: BandNameoftheDay@hotmail.com

Visit the BND archives at http://jugglernaut.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home