Thursday, December 05, 2002

12/05/02’s illustrious band:

Wax Donuts


Brought to you by my preoccupation with paraffinated pastries.


Wax donuts are the chocolate-covered mini-donuts you can buy from convenience stores and vending machines. The outer frosting is like more like wax than chocolate, and it leaves your teeth feeling slippery — but that doesn’t stop the little buggers from being wickedly tasty.


Wax donuts are first cousins to glazed donuts, which are larger and come in a mildly crispy sugar/lard shell. They, too, are delicious. A couple of Krispy Kreme franchises have recently sprung up here in the metropolis. The first was far enough away from Sensational Acres to be beyond temptation range, but another has just opened in the Darth Mall, which as you know is parked in my back yard. That one may prove a little harder to resist. So far I’ve managed, but I still may have to go over there for some holiday shopping. If they catch me in the wrong mood, who knows what will happen?


Sorry there was no BND yesterday; I was busy updating the index for the award-winning magazine.


And speaking of updates: Rest assured that I’m hard at work on this year’s scintillating holiday missive. It will once again appear online on my personal website. No promises on when it will be up, but I’m aiming to finish it before Christmas. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home