Monday, November 11, 2002

11/11/02’s illustrious band:

Regal Lager


Brought to you by Sister-san, who recently sent me a list of palindromes -- words, phrases or sentences that read the same backward as forward. Here’s a sampling, from both her list and my memory. Note the preponderance of palindromic nudity.

  • Go hang a salami! I'm a lasagna hog!
  • Egad! No bondage!
  • Lepers repel.
  • Flee to me, remote elf.
  • Too far, Edna, we wander afoot.
  • Sh... Tom see moths.
  • Kay, a red nude, peeped under a yak.
  • Poor Dan is in a droop.
  • Sit on a potato pan, Otis!
  • "Reviled did I live," said I, "as evil I did deliver."
  • Lager, Sir, is regal.
  • I roamed under it a tired, nude Maori (my personal favorite).
  • A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!
  • Madam, I’m Adam.
  • Tips spill, lips spit.
  • No lemon, no melon.
  • Dr. Awkward

To view a truly frightening number of other palindromes in English and Canadian (He did, eh?), as well as some cool anagrams, visit www.palindromes.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home