Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Undone

Brought to you by things I did not do.

I was feeling reflective on my last day of leisure before going back to work. For the most part, I used my vacation time as I'd hoped to. However, there are a few things I did not do:

  1. cook
  2. go places. Since I wanted to continue attending T'ai Chi classes regularly, I was anchored to town. My choice.
  3. write huge lots of prose. I wrote a little, but not a lot.
  4. go to lots of matinees; I only attended a few. There's just not much in theaters I want to see right now.
  5. work out a lot
  6. take naps. I'm just no good at napping.
  7. stay up late into the night. Apparently I'm no good at that any more, either. I didn't make it past 11:30 even once.
  8. read everything on my list
  9. devise a system to permanently declutter the countertop just inside the back door
  10. connect my DVD player to my VCR and then to the amplifier, allowing movies and TV soundtracks to take advantage of the stereo speakers
  11. get tired of my aimless schedule

No regrets. That's a shorter list than I thought it would be. I'd do it again — under different circumstances, maybe.


Today around the world: November 8 is Election Day in the U.S. and World Town Planning Day everywhere. Go on, get crackin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home