Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Lisa, I Love Shoes

Brought to you by Bill & Steve.


When I was a mere Collegiate Sensation, I knew a couple of theater grad students named Bill and Steve. They were roommates and decidedly odd ducks, just like the rest of the department. Living in a small town, attending a small state university, and belonging to AA, they had to find novel ways to amuse themselves. And so the Shoes Game was born.


It’s easy to play the Shoes Game. Just sing along with your favorite song, but any time the word “you” crops up, substitute “shoes.” Whenever the song says, “I love you,” you say, “I love shoes.” Channel your inner Imelda Marcos. Let yourself go.


A few fun song titles resulting from the game:


  • Lisa, I Love Shoes
  • Just Shoes, Just Me
  • Shoes Light Up My Life
  • Shoes Got the Look
  • Always Shoes
  • Don’t Tell Me Shoes Do
  • Shoes Will Go to the Moon
  • I’ve Gotta Get a Message to Shoes
  • Shoes Can’t Do That
  • That Thing Shoes Do
  • Do Shoes Hear What I Hear?

Today around the world: October 4 is the beginning of Ramadan for Muslims, Rosh Hashanah for Jews and, best of all, National Cinnamon Bun Day in Sweden.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We re-did my Blog and I have you Linked!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home