Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hi, Five

More meme madness! By fives this time.


5 snacks I enjoy: ice-cold Coke from a glass bottle, dill pickle potato chips, ice cream, chocolate, almost anything fried (but not squid, and nothing with "oyster" in the name)


5 bands/singers that I know most of the words to most of their songs: Rockapella, Sean Altman . . . uh . . . Barenaked Ladies, Moxy Fruvous, XTC once upon a time . . . I don't listen to music that much.


5 things I would do with $100,000,000: ensure that Mother Media retires in style; fund education for everyone related to me by blood and a few people who aren't; add to endowment for the T'ai Chi studio; travel; make improvements at Sensational Acres (dormer windows, bathroom upstairs, new carpet)


5 places I'd like to run away to: Australia & New Zealand, New York City, British Columbia, Bangkok, Iceland


5 bad habits I have: picking my cuticles; expecting people to do things the right my way; eating junk food; slugging out in front of the TV rather than exercising; compulsive blogging


5 things I like doing: writing, reading, T'ai Chi (studying and teaching), laughing with friends, laughing whenever


5 things I would never wear: anyone else's underwear, thong underwear, a cheerleader outfit, heels too high to walk comfortably in, anything with "Tommy Hilfiger" or other gratuitous logo on it


5 TV shows I like: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Northern Exposure, The X-Files, Arrested Development. Yes, I know most of these have not been on the air in this century. What can I tell you? Current network TV stinks and I don't get cable. I do get Netflix, though, so I might order up Sex and the City sometime. For the glamorous shoes, of course.


5 movies I like: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Rumble in the Bronx, Real Genius, Zoolander, Pride & Prejudice


5 famous people I'd like to meet: Stephen Hawking, Eleanor Roosevelt, Marie Curie, Wil Wheaton, David Foster Wallace . . . wow, power-geek list


5 biggest joys at the moment: financial stability, home & cats, working in the same building as a bookstore, T'ai Chi, family's good health


5 favorite toys: Treo, DVD player, central air, Netflix, that zippy little device that helps me open the shrink wrap on new CDs/DVDs


Photos today? NO, or at least not yet. MMS is constipated again — but it appears to be a network problem, not a malfunction of my Treo.


Today around the world: August 3 is Pidjiguiti Martyrs' Day in Guinea Bissau.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried fried pickles? They are delicious !

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home